Hi Guys! I want to share my own version of Aglio Olio, but first what is Aglio Olio? Basically Aglio Olio is a pasta made from spaghetti with garlic and olive oil but you can add other things like seafood, chicken or veggies but the main ingredients here should consist of garlic and olive oil.
In my own version of this dish I used canned tuna in oil which is very easy to find and I added some chili for kick, paprika and some cherry tomato also don’t forget the cheese which is really important for me in every pasta I eat.
So here is my own version of Aglio Olio, a very easy and quick dish that you can prepare less an hour.
Spicy Aglio Olio with Tuna
- 1 can of Tuna Flakes in Oil
- 1tbsp of Chili or Chili Flakes
- 1pc Yellow/Red Paprika
- 250grms of Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- 1tsp of Paprika Powder
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. of chopped garlic
- 400grams spaghetti or linguine
- Fresh Basil Leaves(optional)
- Boil first the pasta with oil and salt.
- While cooking the pasta you can start sautéing the garlic in olive oil in low fire. Make sure you don’t burn the garlic because it will make your pasta bitter.
- When garlic is cooked you can start adding your cooked pasta.
- Mix the pasta well and you can start adding your other ingredients which are paprika, cherry tomatoes and tuna. cook for a minute.
- Add the paprika powder and chili or chili flakes.
- Add some pasta water to thicken the sauce and cheese then season it with salt and pepper.
Sorry for the poor photo. Hope you liked it! Hehe!