Hi! I am back again for a simple dish which very fast and easy to make. Most people call it shrimp dynamite or buffalo shrimp since it is the seafood counterpart of buffalo wings. So basically the dish consist of shrimp and savory hot sauce which is made Asian style and can be serve as appetizer, fillings/toppings for sandwiches and salads.
- 500 grams of Medium Size Shrimp (Peeled and deveined)
- 2 cup of Cornstarch or cornflour
- 2 pcs of Egg
- 1 pinch each of Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (Kewpie optional)
- 1/2 cup of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Ketchup
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp of chili powder (extra spicy / optional)
- 100 grams of chopped chives or spring onion for garnish
- Chili Lime Salt for Toppings (optional)
- Peel and devein the shrimps then season it with salt and pepper
- Dip the shrimps in egg then coat it with the cornstarch.
- In a frying pan, deep fry the shrimp for 30 sec to 1 min or until color changes to orange.
- Set aside the fried shrimp and start making the sauce.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, sriracha, ketchup, sesame oil and honey.
- Mix the sauce and shrimp together until everything is fully coated.
- Serve it chives/spring onion and chili lime salt on top.
As I said before this type of dish can be serve in different ways like in tacos or salad or you can add it as filling for your burrito or sandwiches. For extra spicy you can use other hot sauce or add extra chili powder. For those who like smoked flavor you can use Chipotle Tabasco sauce or add some smoked paprika. For cooking the shrimp you can also try tempura style frying.